1. Shoes are required at all times while in the public areas of the convention center. Even if a cosplay character goes barefoot, the cosplayer must wear shoes.
2. Costumes and daily wear shall not expose the body in such a way as to be deemed indecent exposure. At minimum they must cover same areas as a full-coverage bikini for women and boxer shorts for men.
3. All costumes worn within the convention center must fit through a standard doorway. Any attendee wearing a bulky costume, or one with poor visibility, should have a handler available to escort him/her. In addition, please ensure any bulky costume is properly ventilated to prevent heat stroke.
4. Any metal items used for cosplays are not allowed to have sharp or pointed edges that could potentially cause injury. Real swords, bats, etc. are not allowed. A safer material substitute is an alternate option.
5. No costume or prop may generate odor, smoke, or fog.
6. Cosplay props are to be checked in with security at the registration area before they will be allowed in the convention area.
7. All props must be non-working and peace bonded. Security will peace-bind any props, and attendees will assume responsibility that they have read this policy and agree to follow the rules as outlined in it.
8. Any violation of a peace-bind will result in an immediate loss of prop privileges.
9. No functioning projectile props.
10. If security deems a prop dangerous or harmful it will not be allowed. This will be decided on a case by case basis.
11. Attendees will not brandish, point, flail, play-fight, run with, or use their prop in any kind of threatening manner.
12. Inappropriate conduct with any camera (video or photo) will be grounds for removal of convention privileges, up to and including revocation without a refund.
13. If you want to take a photo of a cosplayer, it’s proper form to ask first. Most will be happy to oblige and pose fiercely.
14. These rules may be modified as needed to help protect the safety of all attendees.
15. Most importantly…
A. Have fun.
B. Don’t be a jerk.